The position is described below. If you want to apply, click the Apply button at the top or bottom of this page. You’ll be required to create an account or sign in to an existing one.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the application, you can request a reasonable accommodation. Send an email to Accessibility(accommodation requests only; other inquiries won’t receive a response).
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Timely investigate and respond to credit disputes received from customers in compliance with industry standards and applicable laws and regulations. Credit Dispute Verifications (CDVs) are received from credit reporting agencies through e- OSCAR and letters are received directly from customers through the U.S. mail.
1. Conduct reasonable investigations and respond to indirect credit disputes or ACDVs received through e-OSCAR within timeframes specified by management and in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) for all assigned credit disputes. Make any corrections required to maintain consumer reporting accuracy to the credit reporting agencies (CRA).
2. Conduct reasonable investigations and respond to direct credit disputes or letters received within timeframes specified by management and in compliance with FCRA for all assigned credit disputes. Make any corrections required to maintain consumer reporting accuracy to the credit reporting agencies.
3. Document credit disputes and investigations as required by policy and procedures, including the use of specified applications, systems or logs.
4. Provide expertise and support to managers and other teammates when asked for assistance in matters related to credit reporting and credit disputes.
5. When required, maintenance loan system to so that accurate customer data will be cycle reported to the credit reporting agencies.
6. Follow up with reviewing CRA reporting to ensure that data modifications have been completed as requested to correct customer account information.
7. Upon request, investigate and assist with complaints or credit disputes received from Complaint Management.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Associate’s degree or equivalent education and related training or work experience
2. Good communication and interpersonal skills
3. Aptitude and ability learn FCRA requirements for Data Furnishers
4. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
5. Able to perform duties with minimal supervision
1. Have FCRA Certificate for Data Furnishers issued by Consumer Data Industry Association
2. Experienced in FCRA, credit reporting and dispute processing
3. Knowledgeable in consumer bankruptcy laws
4. Team player
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, citizenship or national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Truist is a Drug Free Workplace.
EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify