This is for a full-time position scheduling patients in our Radiology department. 40 hours 8 hours a day – willing to negotiate schedule depending on candidate fit. This position also has options to work remotely.
- Prior authorization for hospital services required.
- Responsible for the pre-verification of insurance for patients being admitted into the hospital for care.
- Ensures insurance coverage by telephone, resolves any issues with coverage and escalates complicated issues to a supervisor or manager.
- Interviews patients and completes all paperwork necessary to ensure the admitting process is efficient and all hospital and regulatory policies are in compliance.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- College coursework preferred.
- At least 1 year of related experience required.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.